Types of NSAA Membership
There are several levels of membership in the NSAA, depending on where in your career you are. If you're unsure of what type of membership is right for you read through the descriptions below.
Are you a student pursuing a post-secondary education in architecture?
Cost: No FeeClick for more information on Student Membership
Are you a graduate of a post-secondary education in architecture, and interested in beginning the process to become a Licensed Architect?
Cost: *$170.00 +HSTClick for more information on Intern Architects
This application is for:
- An Intern Architect who has completed all requirements of the Internship in Architecture Program and is now ready to apply for Licensed Architect membership.
- An Architect registered in another Canadian jurisdiction, intending to practice architecture in Nova Scotia.
- An Architect registered in the United States of America, intending to practice architecture in Nova Scotia.
- An Architect registered outside of North America, intending to practice architecture in Nova Scotia.
- An Architect registered outside of Canada, intending to immigrate to Nova Scotia (or a new immigrant in Nova Scotia) and practice architecture?
Application: $280 + HST
Cost: * $895 +HST
Cost (Temporary License): * $2,775 +HSTClick here for information on becoming a Licensed Architect
Retirement or Reclassification
Are you an Architect registered in Nova Scotia, intending to reclassify your membership or retire from the practice of architecture?
Cost (Retired Architect): * $60.00 +HST
Cost (Associate Member): * $450.00 +HSTClick for information on Reclassification
* Dues for new applicants applying for Licensed Architect or Intern Architect membership are quarterly prorated upon approval of the membership. *