1361 Barrington Street | 902 423 7607

Start by logging in or resetting your account password (click here). Once you've logged in to your account, return to this page to begin the renewal process.

Licensed Architect Renewal

This online renewal process will enable you to renew your 2018 Licensed Architect membership including uploading pdfs of all required documents and paying your membership due(s) via e-commerce 24 hours a day/7 days a week beginning Friday, December 1, 2017.  Once payment is received online, your receipt will be emailed to you automatically.

Please remember that once you begin your online renewal process, you cannot save and go back to complete it later.  It must be done all at once.

There are 5 Sections to the 2018 online renewal:

Section A:  Personal Information

Section B:  Nature of Practice

Section C:  Professional Liability Insurance

Section D:  Professional Development

Section E:  Professional Conduct

Section F:  Declaration


You will then be able to proceed to the payment page.

The following are important things to remember and pre-prepare prior to going online to renew.

  • Effective December 1, 2017, the NSAA will no longer be accepting cheques, cash or money orders. All payments will be done online using Visa, Master Card or Visa Debit.
  • Due to the Holidays, there will be no technical support or personnel available to answer questions after 4:00 pm Atlantic Standard Time on Friday, December 22, 2017. Technical support and personnel will be available beginning at 9:00 am Atlantic Standard Time on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.

Please ensure that you have the following ready before starting the renewal process:

  • A valid Credit Card (Visa or Master Card) or a Visa Debit
  • Pdf of your 2017 con ed transcript if NSAA is your home jurisdiction to be uploaded. Continuing Education Instructions and FAQs can be found here.  The NSAA uses the RAIC con ed database, please contact Amanda Delorey at (613) 241-3600 Ext 200 or adelorey@raic.org with any questions/concerns.

If NSAA is not your home jurisdiction, the NSAA will contact your home jurisdiction for confirmation that you are con ed compliant.

  • Pdf of your insurance certificate, if applicable, to be uploaded. Please ensure that you have made a note of your insurer, policy number, expiry date and named insurer which is also required to be inputted.
  • If you are exempt from having insurance, please make a note of your exemption under Regulation 10 (2). You will have to select your exemption from the drop down menu.

For ease of reference, here is Regulation 10 (2):

A person who is a licensed architect, corporate permit holder or temporary licensee is exempt from the requirement to hold professional liability insurance if any of the following apply:

(a) the person does not practise architecture in the Province;

(b) the person practises architecture exclusively as an employee of a licensed architect or a corporate permit holder who has the required insurance coverage and the insurance covers the person’s practice;

(c) the person works exclusively for the Province and is appointed or remunerated in accordance with the Public Service Act;

(d) the person works exclusively for an agency

(i) to which the Province appoints the majority of the members,

(ii) whose staff is by law appointed or remunerated in accordance with the Public Service Act,

(iii) whose capital forms part of the public domain, or

(iv) that is a statutory appointment of the Province;

(e) the person works exclusively for the Public Service of Canada as defined in the Public Service Staff Relations Act (Canada), for the Canadian Forces within the meaning of section 14 of the National Defence Act (Canada) or for a Crown corporation within the meaning of the Financial Administration Act (Canada);

(f) the person works exclusively for a municipal corporation, a regional county municipality or a school board, and the employer stands surety for the person, agrees to take up the person[’s] defence and accepts financial responsibility for the consequences of any error or omission committed by the person in practising architecture.

For example, if you are an employee of a corporate permit holder, you will select 10 (2) (b) as your insurance exemption.